Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes:

4 large sweet potatoes peedled and sliced (my father gives me his sweet potatoes and when I say large, I mean large)

3 large Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and cubed (or your favorite sweet baking apples)

1/4 lb butter melted
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c apple juice (I just use water)
1 t. cinnamon1/2 t. nutmeg (optional)

The Recipe says:

Layer sweet potatoes and apples in slow cooker. Mix melted butter and brown sugar, spoon over the top of the sweet potatoes and apples. Pour the apple juice or water over the entire mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.

Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.

Stir and serve.

I admit it - I'm lazy when it comes to cooking - and I like quick recipes without a lot of prep time so I usually don't bother melting the butter and mixing it with the sugar, I just cut up the butter and put it, the brown sugar and cinnamon on top of the layered sweet potatoes and apples, pour the water in and stir everything about 1/2 way through cooking. My crock pot has a low, high and autoshift setting (the setting I use) so my cook time is about 4 hours. It comes out like a dark apple sauce and can be eaten hot or cold. My boys eat this as a side dish, I have a small serving in place of my desert.

Recipe by dcfrances (Butlercafe)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to leave me a message, I love getting them.